Expertise & Training
Dr Naseem graduated in medicine from the University of Melbourne, obtained her fellowship in General Surgery from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2012, and spent three years in clinical research at Concord Hospital in Sydney investigating disorders of pelvic floor. That work, which resulted in a PhD from the University of Sydney, made some unique findings which give insight into how people may be helped with such disorders. Following this, Dr Naseem undertook post-fellowship training in general and colorectal surgery at Monash, Eastern and Alfred Health services.
Dr Naseem’s qualification and educations are listed below:
University of Melbourne.
Diploma of Surgical Anatomy, University of Melbourne.
Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Doctor of Philosophy, University of Sydney.
Thesis title: ‘The Acute and Chronic Effects of Sacral Neuromodulation in Patients with Faecal Incontinence’
- Health Research Methods & Ethics, University of Sydney, 2013
- Training in Professional Skills course (TIPS) 2012
- Management of Surgical Emergencies course (MOSES), RACS 2011
- Definitive Surgical Trauma Course (DSTC), RACS 2010
- Laparoscopic suturing workshop, RACS 2008 & 2009
- Laparoscopic hernia repair workshop, RACS 2008
- Critical Literature Evaluation and Research (CLEAR) Course, RACS 2008
- Diploma of Anatomy - University of Melbourne 2006
- Early Management of Severe Trauma (EMST)- RACS 2006
- Basic Surgical Skill Course, RACS 2005
- Care of critically ill surgical patients (CRISP), RACS 2005
- Basic Paediatric life support course, Royal Children’s Hospital 2005
- Advanced life support course, 2004-2006 St Vincent’s Health Melbourne
- BACHELOR OF MEDICINE & BACHELOR OF SURGERY (MBBS 1998-2003)
- The University of Melbourne
- Clinical School: St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
- Dean’s Honours Student for years 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th.
- Robert Gartly Healy Prize in Surgery-MBBS 6th year
- Robert Gartly Healy Prize in Obstetrics-MBBS 5th year
- Clara Myers Prize in Paediatric Surgery-MBBS 5th year
- Beaney Scholarship for Surgery-MBBS 6th year
- AOA(Vic) Orthopaedic Prize-MBBS 6th year